1. This template legal document was produced and published by SEQ Legal LLP.
2. We control the copyright in this template, and you may only use this template in accordance with the licensing provisions in our terms and conditions. Those licensing provisions include an obligation to retain the SEQ Legal credit incorporated into the template.
3. The current version of our terms and conditions is available at: http://www.seqlegal.com/our-terms-and-conditions.
4. If you would like to use this template without the SEQ Legal credit, you can purchase a licence to do so at: http://www.website-contracts.co.uk.
5. You will need to edit this template before use. Guidance notes to help you do so are set out at the end of the template. During the editing process, you should delete those guidance notes and this cover sheet. Square brackets in the body of the document indicate areas that require editorial attention. By the end of the editing process, there should be no square brackets left in the body of the document.
6. If you have any doubts about the editing or use of this template, you should seek professional legal advice.
7. You may be able to get free legal guidance using our public Q&A system, available at: http://www.seqlegal.com/questions.
8. You can request a quote for legal services (including the adaptation or review of a legal document produced from this template) using this form: http://www.seqlegal.com/request-quote.
Legal information disclaimer
1.1 This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (http://www.seqlegal.com).
2. No advice
2.1 Our website contains general legal information.
2.2 The legal information is not advice and should not be treated as such.
3. No warranties
3.1 The legal information on our website is provided without any representations or warranties, express or implied.
3.2 Without limiting the scope of Section 3.1, we do not warrant or represent that the legal information on this website:
(a) will be constantly available, or available at all; or
(b) is true, accurate, complete, current or non-misleading.
4. No lawyer-client relationship
4.1 No lawyer-client, solicitor-client or attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use of our website.
5. Interactive features
5.1 Our website includes interactive features that allow users to communicate with us.
5.2 You acknowledge that, because of the limited nature of communication through our website's interactive features, any assistance you may receive using any such features is likely to be incomplete and may even be misleading.
5.3 Any assistance you may receive using any our website's interactive features does not constitute specific advice and accordingly should not be relied upon without further independent confirmation.
6. Professional legal assistance and advice
6.1 You must not rely on the legal information on our website as an alternative to legal advice from your lawyer or other professional legal services provider.
6.2 If you have any specific questions about any legal matter, you should consult your lawyer or other professional legal services provider.
6.3 You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information on our website.
7. Limits upon exclusions of liability
7.1 Nothing in this disclaimer will:
(a) limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
(b) limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
(d) exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
Drafting notes for free legal information disclaimer
This legal disclaimer may be suitable for use on websites that include legal information - for example, lawyers' websites or the websites of other legal service providers. Issues covered include the distinction between legal information and advice and the question of when to obtain assistance from a lawyer. As with all disclaimers of liability, the enforceability of the terms of the document may be open to question.
The disclaimer asserts that the legal information published on the website is just that - legal information and not legal advice. It asserts that no warranties or representations are given in relation to the legal information. And it seeks to exclude any liabilities that may arise out of the use or misuse of the information.
The disclaimer may be incorporated into a general legal notice, or used on its own.
Note: the courts generally view disclaimers of liability with disfavour, and have at their disposal a range of conceptual tools to limit the effects of disclaimers. You should not rely upon any document that seeks to exclude or limit liability except upon legal advice. Even if you take legal advice, the advice you receive may well be heavily caveated.
Section 5 - Interactive features
Does the website include any interactive features through which information or assistance may be provided to users?
Section 7 - Limits upon exclusions of liability
Do not delete this provision (except upon legal advice). Without this provision, the specific limitations and exclusions of liability in the document are more likely to be unenforceable.